From: Michael Thomas <wart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 22 November 2020 18:29:16
To: Frank Schilder; ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Re: multiple OSD crash, unfound objects

https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/48059

> In parallel, you should probably open a new thread focussed on the osd map corruption. Maybe there are low-level commands to repair it.

Will do.

> You should wait with trying to clean up the unfound objects until this is resolved. Not sure about adding further storage either. To me, this sounds quite serious.

Another approach that I'm considering is to create a new pool using the
same set of OSDs, adding it to the set of cephfs data pools, and
migrating the data from the "broken" pool to the new pool.

I have some additional unused storage that I could add to this new pool,
if I can figure out the right crush rules to make sure they don't get
used for the "broken" pool too.

--Mike