Re: cephfs tag not working

Hi,

I have a one-node-cluster (also 15.2.4) for testing purposes and just created a cephfs with the tag, it works for me. But my node is also its own client, so there's that. And it was installed with 15.2.4, no upgrade.

For the 2nd, mds works, files can be created or removed, but client read/write (native client, kernel version 5.7.4) fails with I/O error, so osd part does not seem to be working properly.

You mean it works if you mount it from a different host (within the cluster maybe) with the new client's key but it doesn't work with the designated clients? I'm not sure about the OSD part since the other syntax seems to work, you say.

Can you share more details about the error? The mount on the clients works but they can't read/write?

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Andrej Filipcic <andrej.filipcic@xxxxxx>:

Hi,

on octopus 15.2.4 I have an issue with cephfs tag auth. The following works fine:

client.f9desktop
        key: ....
        caps: [mds] allow rw
        caps: [mon] allow r
        caps: [osd] allow rw  pool=cephfs_data, allow rw pool=ssd_data, allow rw pool=fast_data,  allow rw pool=arich_data, allow rw pool=ecfast_data

but this one does not.

client.f9desktopnew
        key: ....
        caps: [mds] allow rw
        caps: [mon] allow r
        caps: [osd] allow rw tag cephfs data=cephfs

For the 2nd, mds works, files can be created or removed, but client read/write (native client, kernel version 5.7.4) fails with I/O error, so osd part does not seem to be working properly.

Any clues what can be wrong? the cephfs was created in jewel...

Another issue is: if osd caps are updated (adding data pool), then some clients refresh the caps, but most of them do not, and the only way to refresh it is to remount the filesystem. working tag would solve it.

Best regards,
Andrej