Re: samba vfs_ceph: client_mds_namespace not working?

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your answer. I think the deprecated option is still supported and I found something else - I will update to the new option though. On the ceph side, I see in the log now:

  client session with non-allowable root '/' denied (client.31382084 192.168.48.135:0/2576875769)

It looks like the path option of vfs_ceph is not passed on correctly. I did neither try nor allow to mount the root itself, but a sub-directory. It looks like one of the combinations I tested works, but the path into the ceph fs is not used. The option I use is:

  path = /shares/FOLDER-NAME

and this should show up in the client session as root '/shares/FOLDER-NAME'. Starts looking like a bug in vfs_ceph.c .

Best regards,
Frank Schilder
AIT Risø Campus
Bygning 109, rum S14