Re: samba vfs_ceph: client_mds_namespace not working?

Update: setting "ceph fs set-default CEPH-FS-NAME" allows to do a kernel fs mount without providing the mds_namespace mount option, but the vfs_ceph module still fails with either

  cephwrap_connect: [CEPH] Error return: Operation not permitted

or

  cephwrap_connect: [CEPH] Error return: Operation not supported

depending on whether I use

  ceph:user_id = USER-NAME

or

  ceph:user_id = client.USER-NAME

I guess the second user spec is correct as the first error message indicates an auth problem. On the client side I see the same message in both cases:

  tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

Best regards,
Frank Schilder
AIT Risø Campus
Bygning 109, rum S14