Re: Add OSD with primary on HDD, WAL and DB on SSD

Official document says that you should allocate 4% of the slow device space
for block.db.
But the main problem is that Bluestore uses RocksDB and RocksDB puts a file
on the fast
device only if it thinks that the whole layer will fit there.
As for RocksDB, L1 is about 300M, L2 is about 3G, L3 is near 30G, and L4 is
about 300G.
For instance, RocksDB puts L2 files to block.db only if it’s at least 3G
there.
As a result, 30G is a acceptable value.

Tony Liu <tonyliu0592@xxxxxxxxxxx> 于2020年8月25日周二 上午10:49写道: