Re: osd fast shutdown provokes slow requests

Hi Dan,

thank you for the link. I read it as well as the linked conversation in
the rook project.

I don't get it why the fast shutdown should be better than the "normal"
shutdown in which the OSD annouces its shutdown directly.

Are there cases where the shutdown of the OSD takes longer until its
markdown message is sent?
Travis on the rook project mentioned the shutodwn issued IO
interruptions from 20 to 30 seconds.
(https://github.com/rook/rook/pull/4328#issuecomment-554480275)
This is something I would expect if a complet host break down (e.g.
caused by a hw failure) and only the heartbeat timeouts detect this. But
not on a regular shutdown.

Manuel