Re: osd fast shutdown provokes slow requests

Hi Dan,

stopping a single OSD took mostly 1 to 2 seconds betwenn stop and the
first reporting in ceph.log. Stopping a whole node, in this case 24
OSDs, in the most cases it took 5 to 7 seconds. After the reporting
peering begins, but this is quite fast.

Since I have the fast shutdown disabled. The "reporting down by itself"
messages appear more or less immediately, the cluster peers and all
works as expected and without trouble.

Manuel