Re: Thank you!

Just sharing my xp :

- storing photos for photoways, now photobox in early 2000. A bug in
the HP storage enclosure earase all the raidgroup. 3 weeks to
recalculate all the thumbnail with a dedicated server specialized in
resizing images.

- little emc storage with something like 10 disk. 3 for the OS ... an
embed windows as I understood. And hundred of dollars per month to get
the performance monitoring. I use to be the monitoring guy for a UK
telco compagny

- the smart netapp .... too smart for me.

propriatary solutions are too expensive, too magic and it's very
difficult to understand how it works, and pretty impossible to put
fingers in it.

So ceph is the definitive way of doing storage. Clearly. Many thx for
your great work.