Re: client - monitor communication.

Hi Budai,

When you ask "*how often the client is retrieving the Cluster Map?*" . The
obvious answer to that is there is nothing 'often' in it. Whenever there is
a change in the map, the monitor will inform the client.

I think you need to read about the CRUSH algorithm in Ceph.  Because that
will explain you the map changes and data movement.  While going through
CRUSH,  forget there is a monitor node. Just suppose there is a client
machine and this client machine READ/WRITE to a cluster ( number of OSDs).
Because theoretically a Ceph client can also be a monitor (not at all
recommended for practical purposes). Once you have understood CRUSH, I am
quite sure that will answer many of your questions.

And feel free to ask about CRUSH. I would be glad to answer.

BR