MON store.db keeps growing with Octopus

Hi,

our cluster is on Octopus 15.2.4. We noticed that our MON all ran out of space yesterday because the store.db folder kept growing until it filled up the filesystem. We added more space to the MON nodes but store.db keeps growing.

Right now it's ~220GiB on the two MON nodes that are active. We shut down on MON node when it hit ~98GiB and it seems that it trimmed its local store.db down to 102MiB and now also keeps growing again.

Checking the keys in store.db while the MON is offline shows a lot of "logm" and "osdmap" keys:

ceph-monstore-tool <path> dump-keys|awk '{print $1}'|uniq -c
     86 auth
      2 config
     11 health
 275929 logm
     55 mds_health
      1 mds_metadata
    602 mdsmap
    599 mgr
      1 mgr_command_descs
      3 mgr_metadata
    209 mgrstat
    461 mon_config_key
      1 mon_sync
      7 monitor
      1 monitor_store
      7 monmap
    454 osd_metadata
      1 osd_pg_creating
   4804 osd_snap
 138366 osdmap
    538 paxos
      5 pgmap

I already tried compacting it with "ceph tell ..." and "ceph-monstore-tool <path> compact" but it stayed the same size. Also copying it with "ceph-monstore-tool <path> store-copy <new-path>" just created a copy of the same size.

Out cluster is currently in WARN status because we are low on space and several OSDs are in a backfill_full state. Could this be related?

Regards,
Michael