Re: A MON doesn't start after Octopus update

Hi Eugen,

:) Following your advice, we did that and now it works like a charm :)

Many thanks,
Hervé

Le 10/07/2020 à 13:54, Eugen Block a écrit :
I would re-create the MON, it's usually faster than debugging the root cause.

Zitat von Hervé Ballans <herve.ballans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

We encounter a strange issue on one of our Ceph cluster.

Cluster has been running with no concerns since many years. But recently, after an upgrade from Octopus 15.2.1 to 15.2.4, all is OK but one of the 3 MON refuses to start !

Journalctl shows some problems regarding the RocksDBStore and a problem of Bad table magic number.

On the other nodes, MONs start correctly, and all other services too, MDS, MGR and OSD (just we have 2 OSDs stopped due to hardware disk problem). Some OSD are nearfull but I don't think there is a link with the MON issue ?..

Could someone help me on this issue please ?

Thnks in advance,