Re: RBD thin provisioning and time to format a volume

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 10:33 AM Marc Roos <M.Roos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What about ntfs? You have there a not quick option. Maybe it writes to
> the whole disk some random pattern. Why do you ask?

I am writing an API layer to plug into our platform, so I want to know if
the format times can be deterministic or unbounded. From what I saw with
ext3, ext4 and xfs volumes, the format time is actually not dependent on
the size of the volume, so I just wanted to confirm if we can assume that,
or if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Shridhar