Re: Ceph Zabbix Monitoring : No such file or directory

Hi Konstantin,

Indeed i think that is the problem. I've just checked again and did docker
exec -it <ceph-mgr instance id> bin/bash and couldnt find any zabbix_sender
binary in the container. I have little knowledge of containers but i guess
to change the container will be a pain as this is pretty closed system
which was sold to us by a specific vendor.

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 07:07, Konstantin Shalygin <k0ste@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/6/20 7:54 PM, etiennemula@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > We are trying to make work the Zabbix module of our ceph cluster but im
> encountering an issue that got me stuck.
> >
> > Configuration of the module looks ok and we manage to send data using
> zabbix_sender to the host that is configured on Zabbix. We can also see
> this data/metric in the graphs that come with the template aswell. So far
> so good.
> >
> > However when testing from ceph module by doing ceph zabbix send , we get
> :  Sending Data to Zabbix but when check ceph_mgr logs we see :
> >
> > 7fad8b61e700  0 mgr[zabbix] Exception when sending: [Errno 2] No such
> file or directory
> >
> > and no data is seen in zabbix itself. Any clue what we can check ? This
> ceph is running with an openstack cluster and ceph mgr instance is a docker
> container, not sure if we need to do anything in particular because of this
> architecture.
> >
> > Ceph Version : 12.2.4
>
> Obviously your container with mgr should be shipped with zabbix_sender
> binary.

Thanks and Regards
Etienne Mula