Re: RGW: rgw_qactive perf is constantly growing

Jacek Suchenia writes:
> On two of our clusters (all v14.2.8)  we observe a very strange behavior:

>  Over a time rgw_qactive perf is constantly growing, within 12h to 6k entries.

As another data point, we're seeing the same here, on one of our two
clusters, both also running 14.2.8.

The growth is a bit slower here, about 300-700 connections per 24h
across 6 RadosGW instances, but it's quite obvious.

Our other cluster doesn't show this behavior, even though it is bigger
and presumably has higher load.

> image.png
> We observe this situation only on two of our clusters where the common
> thing is an app uploading a lot of files as multipart uploads via ssl.

Interesting.  Our two clusters seem to have similar rates of multipart
uploads, yet only one of them has the issue.

> How can we debug this situation? How can we check what operations are
> in a queue or why a perf counter has not been decreased?

I'd be curious about that as well.  Maybe it's just an accounting issue
with some kinds of (failed/aborted?) requests.  Looks a bit fishy...
--
Simon.