Re: [RGW] Space usage vastly overestimated since Octopus upgrade

Thanks, both.  That’s a useful observation.  I wonder what I can try to get accurate user stats.  All of our users are quota-ed, so wrong users stats actually stop them from writing data.  Since stats are only updated on write: I have some users who are inactive and their stats are correct.  I have other users who have been actively writing.  I see users who have up to 55 times the expected vs. actual size.  I looped over buckets manually via the Admin Ops API and pulled the stats for all of the user’s buckets and summed these and compared that to the output from “radosgw-admin user stats"

I would guess that underflowing counters could be one explanation, but there may be other things going wrong in the stats aggregation...

Thanks,
Liam