Re: list CephFS snapshots

Hi Lars,

> Is there a mean to list all snapshots existing in a (subdir of)
> Cephfs?
> I can't use the find dommand to look for the ".snap" dirs.

You can, but you can't search for the '.snap' directories, you have to
append them to the directory like `find $cephFsDir/.snap` but I it's
better to use `ls` instead, to list all snapshots.

> I'd like to remove certain (or all) snapshots within a CephFS. But
> how do I find them?

I just created a gist for you that can do that:
https://gist.github.com/Devp00l/2473f5953d578f440fc71b3d602a9c23

As you can see in the script, snapshots starting with an underscore are
filtered out as these directories belong to snapshots that were created
in upper directories and these underscore snapshots can't be used for
deletion.

The deletion of a snapshot can be done by calling `rmdir`.

But if you really want to manage CephFS snapshots easily take a look at
the dashboard, as we have integrated the snapshot and quota management
by now :)

You can delete multiple snapshots of a directory or just create new
snapshots on a directory basis easily through the UI.

Stephan