Re: Zeroing out rbd image or volume

And many hypervisors will turn writing zeroes into an unmap/trim (qemu
detect-zeroes=unmap), so running trim on the entire empty disk is often the
same as writing zeroes.
So +1 for encryption being the proper way here

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich

Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io