Upgrade Luminous to Nautilus on a Debian system

Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade one on my Ceph Cluster currently on Luminous 12.2.13 / Debian Stretch (updated). On this cluster, Luminous is packaged from the official Ceph repo (deb https://download.ceph.com/debian-luminous/ stretch main)

I would like to upgrade it with Debian Buster and Nautilus using the croit.io repository (deb https://mirror.croit.io/debian-nautilus/ buster main)

I already prepared the steps procedure but I just want to verify one step regarding the upgrade of the ceph packages.

Do I have to upgrade ceph in the same time than Debian or do i have to upgrade ceph after the Debian upgrade from Stretch to Buster ?

1) In the first case :

 * Replace stretch by buster in /etc/apt/sources.list
 * Modify the ceph.list repo by croit.io one
 * Upgrade the entire nodes

2) In the second case (upgrade Debian then Ceph)

 * Replace stretch by buster in /etc/apt/sources.list
 * keep the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ceph.list as it is
 * Upgrade and reboot the nodes
 * replace the ceph.list file by croit.io
 * upgrade the ceph packages
 * restarting the Ceph services (in the right order MON -> MGR -> OSD
   -> MDS)

Thanks a lot for your advices

Regards,
Hervé