Newbie Question: CRUSH and Librados Profiling

Hi,

It is a newbie question. I would be really thankful if you can answer it
please.  I want to compile the Ceph source code. Because I want to profile
*Librados* and *CRUSH* function stacks. Please verify if this is the right
track I am following:

- I have cloned the Ceph from Ceph git repository
- I have installed the build code dependencies from script *install-deps.sh*
- Because I would like to use the* gdb debug* client program later, the
client program will  depend on the librados library, so I must compile ceph
in debug mode. Therefore I would modify the parameters of ceph cmake in
*do_cmake.sh* script accordingly.
- Then I compile *do_cmake*
*- *In build I run* make - j 32*
*- *To start the developer mode, I run *make vstart.*
*- *In the developer mode I can write *READ* and *WRITE* tests...compile
these tests and then use some profiling tool to call the compiled
executable to profile the function stacks.

Is this the correct way for *CPU profiling*? Please let me know if it is
fine or is there something more also.

Bobby !