rados buckets copy

Hello,

I have a problem with radosgw service where the actual disk usage (ceph df shows 28TB usage) is way more than reported by the radosgw-admin bucket stats (9TB usage). I have tried to get to the end of the problem, but no one seems to be able to help. As a last resort I will attempt to copy the buckets, rename them and remove the old buckets.

What is the best way of doing this (probably on a high level) so that the copy process doesn't carry on the wasted space to the new buckets?

Cheers

Andrei