Re: Questions on Ceph cluster without OS disks

It works well for me, been running a couple clusters for 1-2 years where all OSD hosts (~200) have no system disks and instead netboot from PXE.

No NFS server involved, each host loads the same system image (Debian Live squashfs) into memory on boot and runs independently from there on out. Takes some trickery to configure and bring the OSDs up on boot (using puppet in my case), though that might get easier with the containerized approach in Ceph 15+.

Best,
Eric