Re: Upmap balancing - pools grouped together?

Hi Andras,

In 14.2.8 (the latest) version of Nautilus, each pool is balanced individually.   Also, the latest version balances within 5 PGs by default.  That could be a spread of 10, 5 below the mean and 5 above.  I see a spread of 13 in your results.  So either you are running an earlier Nautilus version or the mgr hasn't finished balancing.  If you are running an earlier version, it would balance pools that use the same crush rule together.

I'm working on a hybrid approach that will balance pools by rule, but pools will be grouped with a configurable PG count limit.

Currently, we don't balance based on size.

I don't think we know how much space a given PG uses.  Unless Bluestore can or does efficiently track the space utilization, we can't reasonably balance based on size.

David