Re: centos7 / nautilus where to get kernel 5.5 from?

Ok if elrepo is fine, I will use it.

This warning sort of made sense to me
Warning: Please note that installing a new kernel not officially
supported by both RHEL and CentOS project. It is also possible that your
system may not boot. As the kernel-ml/lt packages are built from the
source tar balls provided by kernel.org without any modifications to the
code, they can contain some differences when compared to the CentOS/RHEL
distribution kernels. Hence, you must keep backups of all important
files before you do this.