Re: Bucket rename with

Den fre 14 feb. 2020 kl 23:02 skrev EDH - Manuel Rios <
mriosfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Honestly, not having a function to rename bucket from admin rgw-admin is
> like not having a function to copy or move. It is something basic, since if
> not the workarround, it is to create a new bucket and move all the files
> with the consequent loss of time and cost of computation. In addition to
> the interruption.
> Im sure that im not the only one administrator of rgw that need rename
> some buckets, because by default system let Users for example use CAPITIAL
> letter and that's not compliance.

I wonder if the "bucketnames might also become hostnames" weighed into the
reluctance for renames, but I have also wanted to have renames, in the
reverse situation where I did copy contents to another bucket (placed on a
better place) and wanted to "copy OLD to NEW, rename OLD to OLD2, rename
NEW to OLD, slowly delete OLD2" to have the shortest possible downtime
while still doing a full object copy.