Re: Bucket rename with

The world lived for a long time without it, but it's certainly useful.
If Abhishek and/or the backport team would like this for Nautilus, I
will help retarget our downstream backport (it's bigger than 22
commits with the dependencies, I believe, n.b.).

Matt

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 5:02 PM EDH - Manuel Rios
<mriosfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Honestly, not having a function to rename bucket from admin rgw-admin is like not having a function to copy or move. It is something basic, since if not the workarround, it is to create a new bucket and move all the files with the consequent loss of time and cost of computation. In addition to the interruption.
>
> Im sure that im not the only one administrator of rgw that need rename some buckets, because by default system let Users for example use CAPITIAL letter and that's not compliance.
>
> KR,
> Manuel

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.