Can Ceph Do The Job?

We are looking to role out a all flash Ceph cluster as storage for our cloud solution. The OSD's will be on slightly slower Micron 5300 PRO's, with WAL/DB on Micron 7300 MAX NVMe's.

My main concern with Ceph being able to fit the bill is its snapshot abilities.

For each RBD we would like the following snapshots

8x 30 minute snapshots (latest 4 hours)

With our current solution (HPE Nimble) we simply pause all write IO on the 10 minute mark for roughly 2 seconds and then we take a snapshot of the entire Nimble volume. Each VM within the Nimble volume is sitting on a Linux Logical Volume so its easy for us to take one big snapshot and only get access to a specific clients data.

Are there any options for automating managing/retention of snapshots within Ceph besides some bash scripts? Is there anyway to take snapshots of all RBD's within a pool at a given time?

Is there anyone successfully running with this many snapshots? If anyone is running a similar setup, would love to hear how your doing it.