Re: High CPU usage by ceph-mgr in 14.2.6

Hi Joe,

Can you grab a wallclock profiler dump from the mgr process and share
it with us? This was useful for us to get to the root cause of the
issue in 14.2.5.

Quoting Mark's suggestion from " High CPU usage by
ceph-mgr in 14.2.5" below.

If you can get a wallclock profiler on the mgr process we might be able
to figure out specifics of what's taking so much time (ie processing
pg_summary or something else).  Assuming you have gdb with the python
bindings and the ceph debug packages installed, if you (are anyone)
could try gdbpmp on the 100% mgr process that would be fantastic.

https://github.com/markhpc/gdbpmp

gdbpmp.py -p`pidof ceph-mgr` -n 1000 -o mgr.gdbpmp

If you want to view the results:

gdbpmp.py -i mgr.gdbpmp -t 1

Thanks,
Neha