Re: Servicing multiple OpenStack clusters from the same Ceph cluster

Yes but we are offering our rbd volumes in another cloud product which can enable them migrate their volumes to openstack when they want.

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Jan 2020, at 18:38, Matthew H <matthew.heler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You should have used separate pool name scemes for each OpenStack cluster..

________________________________
From: tdados@xxxxxxxxxxx <tdados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:29 PM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: Servicing multiple OpenStack clusters from the same Ceph cluster

Hello,
We have recently deployed that and it's working fine. We have deployed different keys for the different openstack clusters ofcourse and they are using the same cinder/nova/glance pools.

The only risk is if a client from one openstack cluster creates a volume and the id that will be generated ends up being the same on an existing volume from the other openstack cluster. But that's like possibility of 1 in 5 billion or something.
We took the risk.

Regards