Re: Changing failure domain

On 1/14/20 5:42 PM, Francois Legrand wrote:
I don't want to remove cephfs_meta pool but cephfs_datapool.
To be clear :
I have now cephfs consisting of a cephfs_metapool and a cephfs_datapool.
I want to add a new data pool cephfs_datapool2, migrate all data from cephfs_datapool to cephfs_datapool2 and then remove the original cephfs_datapool. My goal is to end with a cephfs with cephfs_meta and cephfs_datapool2 (i.e replace the original cephfs_datapool by cephfs_datapool2).

Correct.

But from what I've seen, there should be also some "metadata"  in the cephfs_datapool (it sounds weird to me) which should remains after moving objects and prevent its deletion.

cephfs is metadata_pool + one or many data pools.

After you move your data to another layout (cephfs_datapool2), your cephfs_datapool will be empty, but you can't delete this, doc says:

"""

This command removes the specified pool from the list of data pools for the file system. If any files have layouts for the removed data pool, the file data will become unavailable. The default data pool (when creating the file system) cannot be removed.

"""

May be this outdated, in this case `ceph fs rm_data_pool <fsname> cephfs_datapool` will do.