Re: [Ceph-users] Re: MDS failing under load with large cache sizes

Hi Janek,

Quoting Janek Bevendorff (janek.bevendorff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):
> Hey Patrick,
>
> I just wanted to give you some feedback about how 14.2.5 is working for me.
> I've had the chance to test it for a day now and overall, the experience is
> much better, although not perfect (perhaps far from it).
>
> I have two active MDS (I figured that'd spread the meta data load a little
> and seems to work pretty well for me). After the upgrade to the new release,
> I removed all special recall settings, so my MDS config is basically on
> default. The only thing I set is a mds_max_caps_per_client of 200k, a
> mds_cache_reservation of 0.1 and 40G of mds_cache_memory_limit.

Have you already tried to adjust the "mds_cache_memory_limit" and or
"ceph tell mds.* cache drop"? I really wonder how the MDS copes with
that with milions of CAPS.

Gr. Stefan