Re: sharing single SSD across multiple HD based OSDs

It just uses LVM to create a bunch of LVs. It doesn't actually create separate partitions on the block devices. You can run the command and it will give you a preview of what it will do and ask for confirmation.

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 at 13:36, Philip Brown <pbrown@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Interesting. What did the partitioning look like?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Sung" <daniel.sung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Nathan Fish" <lordcirth@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Philip Brown" <pbrown@xxxxxxxxxx>, "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:21:36 AM
Subject: Re: sharing single SSD across multiple HD based OSDs

The way I did this was to use:

ceph-volume lvm batch /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde
/dev/sdf etc

Where you just list all of the block devices you want to use in a group. It
will automatically determine which devices are SSD and then automatically
partition it for you and share it amongst the HDD OSDs.

--
Quadrature Capital
daniel.sung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quadrature Capital Limited, a limited company, registered in England and Wales with registered number 09516131, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Any e-mail sent from Quadrature Capital may contain information which is confidential. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy or use it; please notify the sender immediately and delete it and any copies from your systems. You should protect your system from viruses etc.; we accept no responsibility for damage that may be caused by them.

We may monitor email content for the purposes of ensuring compliance with law and our policies, as well as details of correspondents to supplement our relationships database.