Re: sharing single SSD across multiple HD based OSDs

The way I did this was to use:

ceph-volume lvm batch /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde /dev/sdf etc

Where you just list all of the block devices you want to use in a group. It will automatically determine which devices are SSD and then automatically partition it for you and share it amongst the HDD OSDs.