Re: Building a petabyte cluster from scratch

It's pretty pointless to discuss erasure coding vs replicated without
knowing how it'll be used.

There are setups where erasure coding is faster than replicated. You
do need to write less data overall, so if that's your bottleneck then
erasure coding will be faster.

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich