RBD Mirror DR Testing

Hi all,

We have a 200TB RBD image which we are replicating using RBD mirroring.

We want to test the DR copy and make sure that we have a consistent copy in case primary site is lost.

We did it previously and promoted the DR copy which broken the DR copy from primary and we have to resync the whole 200TB data.

Is there any correct way of doing it so we don’t have to resync all 200TB again?

Can we demote current primary and then promote the DR copy and test and then revert back? Will that require the complete 200TB sync?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Thanks,

-Vikas