Re: dashboard hangs

hi Lenz,

On 11/13/19 6:38 PM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> there have been several reports about Ceph mgr modules (not just the
> dashboard) experiencing hangs and freezes recently. The thread "mgr
> daemons becoming unresponsive" might give you some additional insight.
>
> Is the "device health metrics" module enabled on your cluster? Could you
> try disabling it to see if that fixes the issue?

thank you for your answer … i should have mentioned that we tried with
nautilus 14.2.2 and 14.2.4, with and without the patch to
src/pybind/mgr/devicehealth/module.py provided by Sage in the thread
mentioned above. while the patch apparently fixed the issue for other
people, it didn't help in our case.

regarding the modules: currently, we have dashboard, iostat,
pg_autoscaler, prometheus and restful enabled. disabling them one by one
until only dashboard is left helps, albeit for a short while only - i
guess this is due to the mgr respawning itself.

with kind regards,
t.