Re: RGW blocking on large objects

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 8:05 AM Robert LeBlanc <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 2:58 PM Paul Emmerich <paul.emmerich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Could the 4 GB GET limit saturate the connection from rgw to Ceph?
> > Simple to test: just rate-limit the health check GET
>
> I don't think so, we have dual 25Gbp in a LAG, so Ceph to RGW has
> multiple paths, but we aren't balancing on port yet, so RGW to HAProxy
> is probably limited to one link.
>
> > Did you increase "objecter inflight ops" and "objecter inflight op bytes"?
> > You absolutely should adjust these settings for large RGW setups,
> > defaults of 1024 and 100 MB are way too low for many RGW setups, we
> > default to 8192 and 800MB

On Nautilus the defaults already seem to be:
objecter_inflight_op_bytes                                 104857600
                      default
objecter_inflight_ops                                      24576
                      default

> > Sometimes "ms async op threads" and "ms async max op threads" might
> > help as well (we adjust them by default, but for other reasons)
>
> Thanks, I'll look into these options and see if they help.

Is it possible that I may be running into something like this?

https://github.com/boostorg/beast/issues/1077