Re: MDS rejects clients causing hanging mountpoint on linux kernel client

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 10:24:41PM +0800, "Yan, Zheng" <ukernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you reproduce this. If you can, run 'ceph daemon mds.x session ls'
> before restart mds.

I just managed to run into this issue again. 'ceph daemon mds.x session
ls' doesn't work because apparently our setup doesn't have the admin
socket in the expected place. I've therefore used 'ceph tell mds.0
session ls' which I think should be the same expect for how the daemon
is contacted.

When the issue happens and 2 clients are hanging, 'ceph tell mds.0
session ls' shows only 9 clients instead of 11. The hanging clients are
missing from the list. Once they are rebooted they show up in the
output.

On a potentially interesting note: The clients that were hanging this
time are the same ones as last time. They aren't set up any differently
from the others as far as I can tell though.

Florian