Re: How to set timeout on Rados gateway request

On 9/19/19 11:52 PM, Hanyu Liu wrote:
Hi,

We are looking for a way to set timeout on requests to rados gateway. If a request takes too long time, just kill it.

1. Is there a command that can set the timeout?

there isn't, no

2. This parameter looks interesting. Can I know what the "open threads" means?

|rgw op thread timeout|

Type: 	Integer
Default: 	600

/(from https://docs.ceph.com/docs/nautilus/radosgw/config-ref/)/

this thread timeout option is left over from frontends that used ceph's internal WorkQueue/ThreadPool infrastructure. i believe the timeout option just caused the WorkQueue to print a warning when a request took longer to complete. the associated 'rgw op thread suicide timeout' went a step further and actually killed the radosgw process. however, these options don't apply to either of the currently supported frontends as they each have their own threading model

Thanks,
Hanyu