Re: Doubt about ceph-iscsi and Vmware

Hello Gesiel,

Some iscsi settings are stored in an object, this object is stored in
the rbd pool. Hnece the rbd pool is required.

Your LUN's are mapped to {pool}/{rbdimage}. You should treat these as
you treat pools and rbd images in general.

In smallish deployments I try to keep it simple and make 1 pool for
each deviceclass and make LUN's as big as possible, while still
allowing for setting 1 LUN in maintenance mode in the datastore cluster
within vSphere, in case we need to re-format as part of vmfs upgrade.

Remember to set PSP and recovery timeout properly.

From the LUN level and up, you just treat the storage as any other
iscsi storage connected to vSphere.

the iGW consumes RAM pr. LUN export... I can't remember the default
settings but we are talking about single-digit Gb qith tens of LUN
exported, so it's fairly lightweight.

/Heðin