How to create multiple Ceph pools, based on drive type/size/model etc?

Hi,

I have a 3-node Ceph cluster, with a mixture of Intel Optane 905P PCIe disks, and normal SATA SSD drives.

I want to create two Ceph pools, one with only the Optane disks, and the other with only the SATA SSDs.

When I checked "ceph osd tree", all the drives had device class "ssd".

As a hack - I was able to change the device class for the Optane drives to "nvme", and leave the SATA SSDs as "ssd".

I then created crush rules based on device classes.

However, what if I don't want to overload device classes to achieve this, or have more than two models of disks?

Is there an easy way to assign specific drives of a model/type/capacity to different pools?

(https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-create-multiple-ceph-storage-pools-in-proxmox.55746/ has the commands I used).

Thanks,
Victor