Re: ceph fs crashes on simple fio test

Hi Robert and Paul,

a quick update. I restarted all OSDs today to activate osd_op_queue_cut_off=high. I run into a serious problem right after that. The standby-replay MDS daemons started missing mon beacons and were killed by the mons:

  ceph-01 journal: debug [...] log [INF] Standby daemon mds.ceph-12 is not responding, dropping it

Apparently, one also needs to set this on the MDSes:

  ceph config set mds osd_op_queue_cut_off high

This also requires a restart to become active. After that, everything seems to work again. The question that remains is:

  Do I need to change this for any other daemon?

I will repeat the performance tests later and post results. On observation is, that an MDS fail-over was a factor of 5-10 faster with the cut-off set to high.

Best regards,