Re: Questions regarding backing up Ceph

> complete DR with Ceph to restore it back to how it was at a given
point in time is a challenge.

> Trying to backup a Ceph cluster sounds very 'enterprise' and is
difficult to scale as well.

Hmmm, I was actually also curious how backups were done, especially on
these clusters that have 300, 600 or even more osd's.

Is it common to do backups 'within' the ceph cluster, eg with snapshots?
Different pool? If this is common with most ceph clusters, would that
not also increase security requirements for the development?

Recently I read a cloud hosting provider Insynq lost all their data[0]
One remote exploit in ceph, and TB/PB of data could be at risk.

[0]
https://www.insynq.com/support/#status