Questions regarding backing up Ceph

Hello ceph-users,

I am currently building a Ceph cluster that will serve as a backend for
Openstack and object storage using RGW. The cluster itself is finished and
integrated with Openstack and virtual machines for testing are being deployed.
Now I'm a bit stumped on how to effectively backup the Ceph pools.
My requirements are two weekly backups, of which one must be offline after
finishing backing up (systems turned powerless). We are expecting about 250TB to
500TB of data for now. The backups must protect against accidental pool
deletion/corruption or widespread infection of a cryptovirus. In short: Complete
data loss in the production Ceph cluster.

At the moment, I am facing two issues:

1. For the cinder pool, I looked into creating snapshots using the ceph CLI (so
they don't turn up in Openstack and cannot be accidentally deleted by users) and
exporting their diffs. But volumes with snapshots created this way cannot be
removed from Openstack. Does anyone have an idea how to do this better?
Alternatively, I could do a full export each week, but I am not sure if that
would be fast enough..

2. My search so far has only turned up backing up RBD pools, but how could I
backup the pools that are used for object storage?

Of course, I'm also open to completely other ideas on how to backup Ceph and
would appreciate hearing how you people are doing your backups.

Any help is much appreciated.

Greetings
Fabian