Re: ceph-volume failed after replacing disk

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 6:23 AM ST Wong (ITSC) <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I target to run just destroy and re-use the ID as stated in manual but seems not working.
>
> Seems I’m unable to re-use the ID ?

The OSD replacement guide does not mention anything about crush and
auth commands. I believe you are now in a situation where the ID is no
longer able to be re-used, and ceph-volume
will not create one for you when specifying it in the CLI.

I don't know why there is so much attachment to these ID numbers, why
is it desirable to have that 71 number back again?