Re: Understanding incomplete PGs

* There are virtually no use cases for ec pools with m=1, this is a bad configuration as you can't have both availability and durability

* Due to weird internal restrictions ec pools below their min size can't recover, you'll probably have to reduce min_size temporarily to recover it

* Depending on your version it might be necessary to restart some of the OSDs due to a bug (fixed by now) that caused it to mark some objects as degraded if you remove or restart an OSD while you have remapped objects

* run "ceph osd safe-to-destroy X" to check if it's safe to destroy a given OSD

--
Paul Emmerich

Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io

croit GmbH