Ceph Upgrades - sanity check - MDS steps

Hi all,

Just want to (double) check something – we’re in the process of luminous -> mimic upgrades for all of our clusters – particularly this section regarding MDS steps

	•  Confirm that only one MDS is online and is rank 0 for your FS:
	# ceph status
	•  Upgrade the last remaining MDS daemon by installing the new packages and restarting the daemon:

Namely – is it required to upgrade the live single MDS in place (and thus have downtime whilst the MDS restarts – on our first cluster was typically 10 minutes of downtime ) – or can we upgrade the standby-replays/standbys first and flip once they are back?

Thanks in advance for any input