Re: RFC: relicence Ceph LGPL-2.1 code as LGPL-2.1 or LGPL-3.0

On Fri, 10 May 2019, Sage Weil wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> -- What --
>
> The Ceph Leadership Team[1] is proposing a change of license from
> *LGPL-2.1* to *LGPL-2.1 or LGPL-3.0* (dual license). The specific changes
> are described by this pull request:
>
> 	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/22446
>
> If you are a Ceph developer who has contributed code to Ceph and object to
> this change of license, please let us know, either by replying to this
> message or by commenting on that pull request.
>
> Our plan is to leave the issue open for comment for some period of time
> and, if no objections are raised that cannot be adequately addressed (via
> persuasion, code replacement, or whatever) we will move forward with the
> change.

We've heard no concerns about this change, so I just merged the pull
request.  Thank you, everyone!

Robin suggested that we also add SPDX tags to all files.  IIUC those look
like this:

 // SPDX-License-Identifier: LGPL-2.1 or LGPL-3.0

This sounds like a fine idea.  Any takers?  Note that this can't replace
the COPYING and debian/copyright files, that latter of which at least
is needed by Debian.  But additional and explicit license notifications
in each file sounds like a good thing.

Thanks!
sage