Re: Remove rbd image after interrupt of deletion command

On 6/11/19 10:42 AM, Igor Podlesny wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 14:46, Sakirnth Nagarasa
> <sakirnth.nagarasa@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 6/7/19 3:35 PM, Jason Dillaman wrote:
> [...]
>>> Can you run "rbd rm --log-to-stderr=true --debug-rbd=20
>>> ${POOLNAME}/${IMAGE}" and provide the logs via pastebin.com?

>> It is not necessary anymore the remove command worked. The problem was
>> only "rbd info" command. It took approximately one day to remove the
>> cloned image (50 TB) which was not flaten. Why it took so long? The
>> clone command completed within seconds.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sakirnth
>
> Sakirnth,
>
> previously you've said (statement A): "...
> rbd rm ${POOLNAME}/${IMAGE}
> rbd: error opening image ${IMAGE}: (2) No such file or directory
> ..."
>
> Now you're saying (statement B): "rm worked and the only issue was
> info command".
> Obviously both statements can't be true at the same time.
> Can you elaborate(?) on that matter so that  themail list users would
> have better understanding.
Yes, of course.

When I tried to remove the image after the interrupt I made a typo in
image definition. I did run the "rbd rm" command only once after the
interrupt until Jason told me to do it again. The removal worked and I
found the typo in history afterwards.

On the other hand I did run "rbd info ${POOLNAME}/${IMAGE}" with the
correct image definition several times (also checked it in history). And
the output was:

rbd: error opening image ${IMAGE}: (2) No such file or directory

Since the image was already in an inconsistent state it is not really an
issue in my opinion.

Cheers,
Sakirnth