Re: Remove rbd image after interrupt of deletion command

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 5:07 AM Sakirnth Nagarasa
<sakirnth.nagarasa@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our ceph version is ceph nautilus (14.2.1).
> We create periodically snapshots from an rbd image (50 TB). In order to
> restore some data, we have cloned a snapshot.
> To delete the snapshot we ran: rbd rm ${POOLNAME}/${IMAGE}
>
> But it took very long to delete the image after half an hour it had only
> 1% progress. We thought it couldn't be because the creation of the clone
> was pretty fast.
> So we interrupted (SIGINT) the delete command. After doing some research
> we found out its the normal deletion behavior.
>
> The problem is that ceph does not recognize the image anymore. Even
> though it is listed in rbd list we can't remove it.
>
> rbd rm ${POOLNAME}/${IMAGE}
> rbd: error opening image ${IMAGE}: (2) No such file or directory
>
> Now how we can get rid of the image correctly.

Starting in Nautilus, we now first temporarily move an image to the
RBD trash when it's requested to be deleted. Interrupting that
operation should leave it in the trash, but "rbd rm" should have still
worked. Can you run "rbd trash ls --all --long" and see if your image
is listed?

> Thanks
> Sakirnth Nagarasa

Jason