Re: Ceph and multiple RDMA NICs

Hi David and Justinas,

I'm interested with this old thread. Have it been solved? Would you mind to share the solution and reference regarding to David statement of some threads on the ML about RDMA?

Best regards,

Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 06:12:18 +0000
From: David Turner <drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Justinas LINGYS <jlingys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ceph and multiple RDMA NICs

The only communication on the private network for ceph is between the OSDs
for replication, Erasure coding, backfilling, and recovery. Everything else
is on the public network. Including communication with clients, mons, MDS,
rgw and, literally everything else.

I haven't used RDMA, but from the question of ceph public network vs
private network, that is what they do. You can decide if you want to have 2
different subnets for them. There have been some threads on the ML about
RDMA and getting it working.